We believe that yoga should be in schools!
Exercise (ECE) as an evidence-based practice that positively enhances learning and emotional health. As a form of exercise, yoga is inclusive, social, non-competitive, sensory friendly, calming, self-regulating, and a life long skill.
LARGE CLASS SETTINGS
Students doing classroom yoga often build leadership, experience greater inclusion, focus better, build social skills, and increase their academic performance. Class culture can benefit, too! Students are engaged with themselves, their peers, and the activities.
STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
Whether it’s individualized or in a larger group setting, science-based studies (NPCD) have indicated that students with disabilities practicing yoga see better physical wellness, greater positive behavior incidences, fewer negative behavior incidences, and life skills.
LIFELONG COPING SKILLS
A study published in Forbes in April of 2018 shared that students who learn yoga may find long term mental health benefits like better test taking skills, positive behavior choices, coping skills, more self-confidence, and increase self-management skills.
So, how can we help you bring it to your school?
We’ll work with you to develop the right kind of program for your students, your goals, your budget, and your schedule. Here are some of the things we can build into your package:
- Regular yoga classes for your students, staff, or both, taught by us
- Building a yoga curriculum for your teachers and staff to implement (and providing the in person or virtual training to help them know how)
- Sourcing yoga materials and creating lesson plans for custom Classroom Kits
- Focused yoga programs for individuals, specific goals (such as mindfulness or fitness), and populations with specific needs. Again, these can be taught by us, or training for your staff can be provided
- Talks and seminars about physical and mental aspects of yoga and how to integrate them into your regular curriculum to increase student engagement and decrease classroom issues
- Mindfulness and stress relief for teachers and staff
- Staff retreats
And much more. If you need it, we can figure it out!
Ready to get started? We work to include everything you need and make it fun and engaging for everyone in the group. We can book an afternoon, a week, a weekend, or come in regularly. We’ll put together a proposal and talk it through until it’s perfect for you and your students!
Whether your school is here by us in Cleveland, nearby in Akron, Toledo, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Detroit, or anywhere else in the world, we can help! Day or week long trainings are available in person or virtually (travel costs vary). Regular school yoga classes are available in Cleveland, Fairview Park, Rocky River, Parma, Westlake, North Olmsted, Olmsted Falls, Avon, and Avon Lake. Other areas may be worked out, so just ask!